Friday 15 November 2013

Velo Cafe - a new meeting point

I enjoyed a very leisurely commute into Brighton today. Probably one of my slowest commute times and certainly difficult to classify as training, although it will be going on Strava, may be under a 'recovery zone 1-2 ride' or 'fat-burning easy spin'. Although the average speed was nearer to 20-25km per hour rather than my more normal 25-30km per hour these types of rides have some benefits.  Not only good for recovery, possibly welcomed after my 1km interval repeats yesterday, but it did give me some valuable thinking time. It is nice to sometimes switch off from the training and just enjoy being on a bike reviewing the day ahead and thinking about your goals, challenges and opportunities. I expect my commute home will be similar, thinking about my plans for the weekend ahead, nothing too strenuous, leaving the more focussed training for another day.

I did have a chance to venture down to the 'Level' to meet with Nigel Lambe, a friend, fellow cyclist and owner of the new Velo cafe in Brighton, which opened just today at 10am.

Velo is a new cafe concept for Brighton, combining great coffee (Small Batch Coffee Company), great food and a love of cycling. Intended as a meeting place before or after a cycle or a destination in itself, Velo aims to bring great food and cycling into the heart of the community. In a city with a network of great cycle lanes, surrounded by some fantastic road routes and the best mountain biking in the South, Velo is the perfect location to meet up, fuel-up and hit the road.

Check out the website: http://www.velo-cafe.co.uk/about/

It is a great idea and I am confident that Brighton locals and cyclists are going to love it. When I popped my head into the smart new premises this lunchtime it certainly seemed to be buzzing. It will be high on my list for future coffee / lunch stops, whether on the bike or on business in Brighton.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sri Lankan experience

Fri 29th March and sitting in the sun around the pool in beautiful sunshine. We are day 3 of our Sri Lankan experience and currently at our ...